Other Accounting Services

Yellow and Blue Person icon

Non Resident Tax Advice

Contact Us

Capital Gains Tax Advice for Non Residents

Capital Gains Tax for Non-Residents

If you are not resident in the UK for tax purposes, you must submit a ‘non-resident CGT return’ if you have sold or disposed of UK property or land. You must submit this return to HMRC within 30 days of completion. If you do not tell HMRC before the deadline you’ll get a late filing penalty and may be charged interest. You may also have to pay HMRC within the same 30-day deadline depending on your circumstances. There are various methods of calculating the capital gains available to non-residents. We can help in calculating the tax as well as preparing the returns and advising on the tax payment deadlines.


From 6 April 2019, Corporation Tax will be charged on gains from UK property or land for all non-resident companies. This must be reported on the company’s corporation tax return.
We can help register the company with HMRC if it does not submit tax returns.