Tax investigations – Removing the stress and maybe saving you money
HMRC are conducting more and more tax investigations. This means that even the most careful of MD Owners will come under the Inland Revenue’s microscope at some point. Particularly as the government are constantly putting HMRC under pressure to collect more tax revenues than ever before.
One thing is for sure; detailed enquiries from the tax authorities cause stress and anxiety. A HMRC tax investigation can also take up a great deal of your time if not dealt with correctly.
We specialise in resolving tax investigations, tax enquires, tax disputes and conflicts with HMRC, and we will help alleviate the worry of any such investigation.
Great technical expertise
The technical expertise within our Tax team is second to none. The team is led by one of our Partners – Robin John FCA CTA. Robin has a wealth of experience, including that gained as a Tax Partner for a ‘Big Four’ practice.
Ways in which our Tax team will help you include:
- Preparing disclosure reports as required under Code of Practice 9 / Contractual Disclosure Facility (suspected serious tax fraud) and preparing unprompted disclosure reports.
- Resolving tax investigations being conducted under Code of Practice 8 (tax avoidance)
- Providing advice in relation to the new tax tribunal system and appeal hearings
- We can help with negotiating tax penalties or other elements of a tax investigation
- Helping individuals, partnerships, offshore trusts or onshore trusts deal with tax enquires
- Working with other professional to achieve a settlement on behalf of mutual clients
- Dealing with disputes and conflicts with HMRC
Therefore once the investigation has been dealt with satisfactorily we then look to the future with you.
We prepare regular and detailed tax planning reports to show where your future tax exposure may lie. Robin and his team can then advise on possible planning and tax saving strategies as required.
Our tax team will also conduct an annual wealth and income planning review to keep your tax liabilities to a minimum.