Bringing our commercial expertise and experience to the education sector
There are many issues facing the education sector. Educational establishments, and in particular Academy Schools, face a number of issues as they become independent of Local Authority regulations.
The freedoms offered by such change can be liberating and daunting in equal measure. Even established Academy Schools require careful financial management to ensure that objectives are met. Various charitable obligations must be adhered to, as well as satisfying the requirements of the Department of Education.
We take great pride in being able to call upon over 80 years of commercial accountancy, audit and tax expertise to assist organisations in the ever changing Educational sector.
Academies face a wide range of accounting issues. We are well placed to provide expert advice and assistance.
Our wide range of services include:
- Comprehensive accounting and audit services, including advice to the governors on the interpretation of the accounts
- Wide range of tax advice for the academy and individual staff members
- Preparation of management accounts and guidance on financial reporting
- Payroll and PAYE advice
- Accounting software advice
- Provision of a suitable Finance/Responsible Officer where required
- Drafting of trustees annual report
- Review and advice concerning the financial policies of the establishment
- Budgeting and financial forecasting
To compliment our wide range of services, one of our Partners Robin John, is Governor at a local sixth form college. Although this is not an Academy, it adopts similar principles and adheres to comparable requirements. Therefore Robin is well placed to understand the financial needs of academies.
Our pledge is to offer you a comprehensive range of services and support to the education sector. This will ensure that your establishment is able to focus on the important areas of providing educational excellence for your students.