Simon Odam– Partner Tax Department – BA (Hons), FCA, CTA
Simon is a partner at Wellden Turnbull and specialises in all areas of tax. Simon qualified as an Associate Chartered Accountant in 2004 and Chartered Tax Advisor in 2006. He became a Fellow Chartered Accountant in 2014.
Simon has expertise in:
- Advising on setting up new businesses including what structure is best for your individual circumstances.
- The advantages of partnership or shareholder agreements.
- How to take money tax efficiently from your business.
- Enterprise Investment Scheme or Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme reliefs.
- Advising on the best structure to purchase a business.
- Guidance through the purchase process including reviewing share purchase agreements, due diligence and liaising with other advisors.
- Assisting with PAYE, VAT and Construction Industry Scheme and corporation tax returns.
- Growing a business including use of holding companies and subsidiaries.
- Corporation tax, including groups of companies, UK branches of overseas companies and overseas branches of UK companies.
- Issuing shares to family members.
- Incentivising key employees including use of Enterprise Management Incentive Schemes.
- Passing a business to the next generation including use of entrepreneurs’ relief and other holdover reliefs.
- Sale of a business.
- Capital gains tax, including principal private residence relief.
- Income tax reliefs and planning.
- Tax implications of divorce.
- Domiciled and non-domiciles coming to and leaving the UK.
- Residence issues.
- Double tax treaties and double tax relief.
- International structures.
- Managing any inland revenue tax investigation on all areas of tax to ensure you get the best possible outcome.
- Penalty mitigation and suspension.
- Use of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Service and Tax Tribunals.
- Helping manage enquires into tax avoidance arrangements including film schemes and employee benefit trusts.
- Dealing with Advance Payment Notices and Follower Notices.
- Setting up, running and closing trusts.
- Inheritance tax issues.
- Implications for settlors and beneficiaries.
- The tax issues on purchasing property through various entities.
- Purchase, transfer and sale of property owning partnerships.
- Authorised to carry out and supervise all areas of probate work and assist executors with starting, administering and finalising an estate.
- Inheritance tax planning.
As Simon deals with all areas of tax he can provide practical, helpful advice in a straightforward manner on all aspects of an issue or transaction.
Email address: email@example.com
DDI: 01932 584426